Monday, 14 January 2013

Lucid by: Adrienne Stoltz

Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz was amazing. I never knew who was real and who was the dream. Sloane and Maggie brought me into a world where life isn't always so simple, where there is lust and romance, and desperation to hold onto something that seems so real but can also be so fake at the same time. As I read what both girls were going through, I kept on thinking "Wow, this is what it might feel like to have multiple personalities  and I was right. Now matter how much I read it wasn't enough. I felt like I was betraying one for routing for another. I felt as if both characters (or I should say character) were trying to find something to fill the void of life and the desperation that it calls forth on someone.

In the end, this book was haunting, creative, and heart-wrenching. I give this book a 5 out of 5.