Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Fangirl by: Rainbow Rowell

FangirlFangirl by: Rainbow Rowell is about a girl named Cather (a.k.a. Cath) who is a fan of Simon Snow (like Harry Potter) and loves to create fanfiction about it. Cath's sister, Wren, has mostly grown away from fandom but Cath can't seem to let go. Now that they are going to college, Wren doesn't want Cath has her roommate, because of this Cath is now on her own and completely out of he comfort zone. Can Cath do this? Can she make it without Wren? Will she stop worrying over her father? Is she ready to start moving forward in her own life? And will she ever leave Simon Snow behind if it means moving on?


Fangirl was heartfelt and rather delightful. I loved every single moment of it. I am also a fangirl, so it seemed rather fitting to read this novel. Every book I read, every television show I watch, all fascinate me and make me more drawn to the plot and the characters goal in the movie, show, or novel.

I also rather enjoy the journey that Cath is taking to find herself and to learn what it means to let go. Every word Rainbow Rowell wrote made me feel for these characters. In the end this novel was beautifully written.

I give this novel a 5 out of 5.

It is also on my must read list (2013 edition).