Thursday, 21 May 2015

A Thousand Pieces of You by: Claudia Grey

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)

A Thousand Pieces of You' by: Claudia Grey is about a girl named Marguerite Caine, whose parents are physicists known for their radical scientific achievements. Their best invention so far: The Firebird, which allows users to jump through parallel universes, some significantly altered from our own. But when Marguerite's father is murdered, the killer - her parent's enigmatic and handsome assistant Paul - escapes into anther dimension before the law in their own could even touch him.

Marguerite can not simply let her father's killer go free, therefore the only plausible choice is to follow and go after Paul through the different universes. With every encounter Marguerite has, she begins to question not only Paul's innocence and also her heart. Soon, Marguerite ends up uncovering the truth behind her father's death which is more sinister then she ever imagined.




Review:

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey was a beautifully written piece that just left me dumbfound. Let's start from the beginning shall we?
The novel begins with Marguerite Caine, the main character/protagonist, landing in an parallel universe chasing after Paul, her parent's assistant and father's killer. Her other parent's assistant, Theo, is the one to bring up the concept about chasing after Paul (later seen in chapter two) through multiple dimensions/parallel universes. It is action packed, adventurous, romantic, and just overall entertaining. 


Claudia Grey has brought forth one amazing masterpiece (including the novel's cover; isn't it gorgeous!) for readers around the world. The synopsis captivated me since the beginning and Claudia did not fail, given that I had incredible high expectations. I loved the plot, characters, the development that revolves around the characters themselves, the romance, redemption.... basically everything ☺

However, this novel is not completely perfect, at least in my eyes. There were a few scenes near the end of the novel where I was just dumbfound because of Marguerite prioritizing skills, I mean come on if you have read the novel you know which scene I am talking about [cough...Russia...cough]. 



Other then that minor negative comment, I of course had to make, the novel was perfect. I would have to recommend due to the fact that it is still worth the read. In the end, the novel was amazing to read and left me wanting to know more, especially about the characters. 





I will now leave you with a quote from the novel.



"Is he right, about my creating excitement where can I? Even being melodramatic? 
You went on a half-baked vengeance quest against Paul using a totally untested experimental device, I think. He might possibly have a point."

- A Thousand Pieces of You  by: Claudia Grey



description






* Be sure to check out 'A Thousand Pieces of You' sequel called, 'Ten Thousand Skies Above You' by Claudia Grey