Monday, 28 December 2015

Wolf By Wolf by: Ryan Graudin

Ryan Graudin. This author literally blew my mind away. Before I dive into the review let me ask you all something. Who thought Ryan Graudin was a guy? 
*raises hand slowly and looks around*
What! Don't judge me. 


Ryan Graudin created such a beautifully written and wonderfully driven novel. Wolf By Wolf is about a girl named Yael, who escaped from a death camp, who has one goal in mind: win the Axis Tours, an annual motorcycle race hosted by Hitler and Emperor Hirohito to commemorate their great victory over Great Britain and Russia across the conjoined continents where the winner is awarded an audience with Adolf Hitler at the Victor's ball, and kill Hitler. Set in 1956, where the Axis powers of the Third Reich and Imperial Japan rule the world, Yael, a survivor of human experimentation and skinshifter, must complete her mission by disguising herself as Adele Wolf, last year's only female victor. However, as the lie begins to get more extravagant, Yael begins to find it difficult to hold up the deception. Especially when Felix, Adele twin's brother, and Luka, her former love interest, enter the race and watch Yael's every move. But as the race goes on, can Yael become as ruthless as she needs to be after getting to know all of her competitors? 


This novel truly left me breathless.

Never reading any of Graudin's novels before, I was heading into this with low expectations but was astound when I finished the novel. How could I not have read any of Graudin's novels before this?! From page one to the acknowledgements at the very end, I have been soley focused on reading this novel. To be truthful, I finished reading this novel on the 21st and have only now begun to write the review because of how shocked I was by it all. 

This was such a truly amazing read! As I was reading Yael's every move, and ultimately her own story of how she became to be who she is today, it left me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what is going to happen next. Graudin not only made me feel for Yael, which only certain authors have ever succeeded in doing, but she also made me view this whole novel in a different light. 

The only thing I have to say now is buy it and read it today.




Review:





I am so going to read the sequel!