Friday, 29 January 2016

Ignited by: Desni Dantone

Ignited is the first book in the Ignited series.


Ignited is about a seventeen year old girl named Kris Young who is on the run from superhuman beings that want to see her dead. Well on the run Kris meets Nathan, a mysterious man that saves Kris, who is determined to save her at all costs. As danger lurks at every corner, Nathan introduces Kris to a world where everyone is not human and battle lines are drawn.


The novel was enjoyable to read but at times it felt as if the protagonist, Kris, was swooning over a guy when she should be focusing on running from danger that seems to be following her every move. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the romance. The forbidden feelings they tried to hold back, the banter, everything. Even the love/hate relationship made me smile.


If you like your normal action and adventure novels mixed with some Greek mythology and romance, then I recommend you check this novel out.


Rating:


Summary from Goodreads:
Seventeen year old Kris Young is on the run from a throng of superhuman golden-eyed freaks hell-bent on seeing her dead, and she doesn't know why. Good thing she has her guardian angel to protect her...sort of.

Kris is aided by Nathan, the mysterious man that ends up being anything but angelic when he rescues her for the fourth time in fourteen years. Even if the handsome hero illusion is shattered by his harsh treatment of her, he knows how to fight this strange enemy and is determined to keep her safe at all costs. 

As the body count rises in their wake, Nathan introduces Kris to a world in which not everyone is human and the battle lines between good and evil are clearly drawn. Kris's piece in the puzzle is something neither is aware of and, as they uncover the truth, neither is prepared for what they find. Overcoming twists and revelations that shatter both of their lives, they discover that nothing is as it seems and nothing, least of all their hearts, are safe. 

From debut author, Desni Dantone, Ignited is the first novel in a tale of first love, mystery and adventure that will introduce you to an exciting new world as Kris discovers how she fits in it.




Special Thanks:
Thanks to Desni Dantone (Author of the Ignited Series) & Sarah (YA Bound Book Tours)  for giving me the opportunity to review Ignited. 


Buy Links:
       AmazonBarnes & Noble


About The Author:
I live in the quiet, middle-of-nowhere Everett, Pennsylvania with my husband and three sons.

I've been writing since I was eleven, after I swiped one of my mom's Dean Koontz books. I still remember the first one I read; it was called Darkfall, and kept me awake most of the night. Anyway, I was totally inspired when I learned that he came from the small rural town I called home (true story, I swear!), and started writing freaky little horror stories because I wanted to be just like him. I gave the stories to my mom to read. I don't think she was as impressed as I was, but she put on an encouraging face...and that was how my writing obsession started. 

After years of writing for a hobby and taking creative writing courses, I've published my first novel, Ignited. My dream is for Dean Koontz to no longer be the only bestselling author from my little middle-of-nowhere hometown. 

You can check out more about me, The Ignited Series, and my upcoming books as they become available at:
http://www.desnidantone.com
http://www.facebook.com/ignitedbooks



Goodreads badge add plus