The Seduction of Kinley is about Kinley Foster, a librarian who wants to write erotic romance. The only problem she has is that she needs a little erotic inspiration. At the romance convention in Vegas, she finds it...or in this case him. The sexy guy who refused her virginity when she was sixteen. It's time for a little payback.
Ian Thompson, a professional literary agent, knows that mentoring Kinley is one thing but giving her a thorough and satisfying education is quiet another. Yet he finds himself unable to resist a wager that will tempt his professional and sensual boundaries in the book...
The Seduction of Kinley was a fun, light, easy read, and at times hilariously written. I enjoyed the flirtatious banter between Kinley and Ian. I also liked that Ian read novels, especially the romantic kind. However, I didn't enjoy that Ian seemed to repress a lot of his feelings and rarely, if ever, voiced his opinions.
Something that definitely didn't seem to fit well in the novel had to be Kinley's involvement with Ian, when she supposedly hated him, especially when she was "upset" over what Ian seemed to have done ten years prior. If she supposedly hated him for what happened ten years ago then how could she even share a room with him, much less make a bet so he could teach her how to improve her sex scenes in her novel(s).
Another thing that didn't seem to make sense is that if Ian was a supposed Dom then why is it that the only thing that is even remotely related to BDSM is light spanking of Kinley's butt and a whole lot of scowling. That definitely doesn't make one a Dom.
In the end, this novel was okay.
May 9 2016
Summary from Goodreads:
Librarian Kinley Foster wants to write erotic romance—the steamy, sexy, curl-your-toes kind of stuff. The problem? She desperately needs a little erotic inspiration. And at a romance convention in Vegas, she finds it...or rather him. The sizzlingly sexy guy who refused Kinley—and her virginity—when she was sixteen.
Now it's time for a little payback.
Literary agent Ian Thompson is a professional. Mentoring an aspiring author is one thing. Giving her a thorough and thoroughly satisfying sexy education is quite another. Especially when she's as stunning and deliciously curvaceous as Kinley. Yet Ian can't help himself when Kinley makes him a wager he can't resist. A wager that will tempt Ian to cross every professional—and every sensual—boundary in the book...
ARC was kindly provided by publisher, Entangled Publishing, LLC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you.
About the Author:
Hi. This is so much fun. I get to kick back and tell others the deep, dark secrets of Lisa Wells.
Okay, I admit, there’s nothing too deep in what I’m going to tell you, and I’m more of a sassy gal than a dark, tortured-soul kind of gal. If you’re still interested in learning more, I’ve compiled a list of nine things about me. Why nine? Try as I might, I just couldn’t come up with ten.
1. I write steamy stories and then worry what my dad will think when he reads them. (He sort of cringes when I say, “Now Dad, there’s sex involved in this story.”)
2. I’ve ran ten marathons with my husband. This might lead you to believe, I’m a fabulously healthy individual. The truth is I run because I like chocolate and the occasional high caloric beverage. Running allows me to indulge.
3. My favorite sitcom was The Big Bang Theory, now it’s The Black List. I love the comedy in the first and the danger in the second.
4. My favorite indulgences are chocolate Martinis and afternoon naps with my husband. We don’t really sleep during these naps. I cannot tell a lie, there’s a lot of sleeping taking place during these naps.
5. I have a dog name Shady. She’s a rescue. The best pets ever can be found at your local animal shelter.
6. I hate cleaning toilets; I hate mopping; I hate dusting. The toilets get cleaned – the rest is hit and miss depending on when company is coming.
7. I’ve never been a size two – or a size four for that matter. I’m just amazed at those who are. How do they stay that slim?
8. My favorite writing uniform is my pajamas. If you draw my name at Christmas, you’ll never go wrong buying me a new pair of pjs.
9. I believe we all have the opportunity for a happy ever after.
Thanks for reading about me. When I come up with number ten, I’ll let you know.