Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year

Top Ten original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists. For past topics and future topic schedule, click here.



This week's topic is all about the second half of 2016 books we are all waiting to read





1. A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING by Jessica Cluess
First and foremost, let's take a moment to appreciate how gorgeous this cover looks. Not only does it draw you in with this gorgeous deign but with a plot and summary that will make you want to reach through your screen and begin reading it as soon as possible. 




2. GIRL IN PIECES by Kathleen Glasgow
Girl in Pieces is both captivating and insightful. It brings much needed attention to mental illness and the struggles that people go through in order to get better and be happy with the way they are and the way they look. Definitely a must read for me. 




                        3. HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer
Marissa Meyer continues to pop out such amazing retellings. Heartless focuses on the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis. This time around [name of Red Queen] is portraying a teen that is trapped into a marriage with the Red King but is hopelessly in love with the court jester. Marissa Meyer is bound to make us feel for this person we once called a "villain". 




                         4. WHAT LIGHT by Jay Asher
I have high hopes for this novel. Considering that Jay Asher is the author of the novel I will definitely be picking this novel up and devouring it right away. I can only hope that it is as good as the premise and cover make it out to be. 




                         5. THE LOVELY RECKLESS by Kami Garcia
I have read other novels written by Kami Garcia (and co-author Margaret Stohl). I'm excited to read The Lovely Reckless because I do not believe I have previously read any of Kami Garcia's solo written works. 




                         6. STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige 
I have heard so much about Danielle Paige! I have yet to pick up her novel Dorothy Must Die though I have heard a lot of good things about it. What I do know is that I will be salivating for this novel until it is released. 




                         7. STRANGE THE DREAMER by Laini Taylor
First and foremost, I must state how disappointed I am that the expected publication of the novel has now been moved to 2017. UGH! Besides my budding disappointment, I have to admit that the synopsis does sound rather promising. One can only hope that the publication date will be bumped to November of this year. One can only hope.




                         8. THE THOUSANDTH FLOOR by Katherine McGee
A book series that is already being adapted for ABC. The Thousandth Floor, the first book in the series, has yet to even come out and already there is so much hype and excitement. If this is what it is like before it has even been released, image what it will be like after.  I hope it can live up to all the hype. Another novel that I have high expectations for.




                         9. REPLICA by Lauren Oliver
GIMME, GIMME, GIMME, GIMME! 
*Stops jumping and looks around*
Sorry, just had a fangirl moment. Sigh. Lauren Oliver you have done it again. You have wrote a novel that makes the fangirl inside me leap for joy and yet crave for the wait to be over. I can not wait to dive into this story. 




                         10. EVER THE HUNTED by Erin Summerill 
DEBUT ALERT! A new debut novel in YA fantasy that captivates me and ever YA adoring mind. Even though it is a debut novel, I have high expectations for this novel (thanks to the synopsis and cover). 









What are your most anticipated releases for the second half of 2016?
~ Aimie